Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thank Goodness it's Friday ........80's and 90's

Thank goodness it's Friday. Technically my day off. Ahhhhh. It's really weird. I would have thought all this yoga, teaching five classes maximum in one day would really send my muscles in SOS mode. In fact, I feel good. Well, okay except for yesterday. I was knackered. I felt as if my body was twice it's size and I wasn't able to keep my head upright. The feeling of knowing it's Friday soon is a sheer bliss.

Hmmmm, Izan was playing a couple of boy band music the other day. I was just recalling the boy bands I fancied back then. Ya, you guess right. I loved NKOTB. They were so cute then. It drove my family nuts that I was playing their music everywhere. Even when my dad was driving, I would reach out from the back seat and shove my NKOTB into the cassette player. His comment would be, " Every song is girl, girl, girl, girl. This you also like ah?" I would nod my head vigorously and smile from east to west. My favourite guy was Jonathan Knight. Oh, not to forget Tommy Page. What's that song again? Paintings in my mind. Alzheimer's has not set in just yet.

What else was so 80's and 90's? Curly hairs, puffy sleeves, Jane Fonda, big sun glasses, plastic bangles (they have been in fashion until now), big granny pants, bermuda pants, Tiffany, Reebok, glitters in the face and hair..........(not that I ever did it myself...ahem....) I am sure there would be a lot more than this......K, will continue this a bit later. Gotta go. Class to teach.........Here we go with a few more warrior poses.................................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow u sound so drained..
Get loose everybody cause were gonna do our thing
cause you know it aint over till the fat lady sings.
Hangin tough hangin tough hangin tough hahaha

Anonymous said...

Ha ha you funny girl JU!!! I love that song! Hangin' Tough.....HUH!
(A certain close friend of mine is going to deny any connection with me after reading this blog. :P)

an9ie said...

I think my entire wall in boarding school was papered with NKOTB posters for the first couple of years. And it was great to see Joey MacIntyre (McIntyre?) appear in a few seasons of Wicked, the musical He would have made an awesome Fiyero!

Just Jac said...

Yup yup, NKOTB madness......Joey was in Wicked? Hmmm, would have liked to see the production!!!