Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dance My Heart Away



The last few weeks has been one that's challenging and yet, a lot of discoveries has been made.  Things I wanted to try but never did, and now, I'm not only trying out dancing classes but am also getting poked at with needles(acupuncture)! In any case,the dance instructors at D'Music Motion(DMM) have been tempting me to dance for awhile back now and it's only through persuasion, I thought I give it a try.  And you know what......it's so cool! It's definitely very different from doing a dance aerobics class.  Learning to do the steps from a dance teacher on a 'one to one' is exciting and at the same time more intriguing.  James and Jhung, both presently dance teachers at DMM are both newly joined dance instructors along with Gilbert, Joel and Alan.  James is teaching me Latin dances while Jhung is teaching me Argentine tango.  I am super psych for the past week and a half learning all this new moves.  I think possibly flexibility from yoga does help with some of the dance movements but more so James and Jhung being excellent teachers.  


Have you ever watched Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez dancing in the movie 'Shall we dance?'  Or maybe Penelope Cruz and Nicholas Cage in 'Captain Corelli's Mandolin'? Or even Antonia Banderas in 'Take the lead'?  Super cool.  It just makes you want to move your feet when they're dancing in the films. 


Well, I think it's always nice to at least know some 'moves' if you're a lady on the dance floor.  It's never too late to learn.  ;)

No comments: