Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Prana all around.



When I was at the conference, I was asked why I went into yoga teaching. I didn't hesitate to answer, I went into it cause of my love for it. The physical, emotional and spiritual side was awesome. I feel blessed in so many ways I have been able to express myself through yoga and given such a great opportunity in this life time to do what I have always wanted to do. More so, grateful towards the yoga teachers at the conference for giving all of us a great opportunity to practice with them.

It was very much a community of teachers and students gathering to share experiences, embracing the diversity we have among ourselves in yoga and life.

In the last two days, I have taken my practice into mind, body and heart. The practice doesn't end in one class alone, it travels right out into the universe. From waking up, to sitting with a friend, honing into my inner self awareness of my surroundings and embracing life's abundance. Sometimes the spirit within me says.'play' and I do. Sometimes my mind says,'rest' and I don't resist it, I just do.

Even as I'm driving down the road, I am just glad to 'just' be. "It doesn’t take long to hold a thought of loving gratitude for the heart that beats within us." - Daily Om

My thoughts was what the mind thinks rather than what the heart says, but I have learnt to instead let the heart lead as the rest in life will follow through.

As conscious participants in the cycle of giving and receiving, we share our light with others as we become enlivened ourselves, with our heart leading the way.

So finding 'prana' within me and around me becomes easier when my self consciousness is awake. Checking into the heart center and finding the joys in life is right there within reach.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Jac, thanks for reminding us. due to busy schedule, sometimes we forgot to stop and rest and just listen to our hearts.

Candy

Anonymous said...

In times of personal turmoil, I have found solace and comfort in this post. Thank you Jac - I hope to rejoin your classes very soon.

jac said...

Thanks for the encouragement....with hugs xxx